(Plantar Tissue Stretch)
Why Do This Exercise?
This exercise relieves the tension in the ligaments and muscles on the bottom of
your feet and stimulates blood flow in the area. If you find that the first few steps
of your day are painful this exercise will help.
How To Do This Exercise?
1. Sit on the edge of a chair with the tennis ball under your toes.
2. Roll the ball from your toes to your heel, applying as much pressure as
you can tolerate.
3. Roll the ball around in small circles on your forefoot (from your toes to
under the ball of your foot).
4. Now roll the ball around in small circles on your arch (from the end of the
ball of your foot to the beginning of your heel).
5. Then roll the ball around in small circles on you heel.
6. Repeat the above process on your other foot.
Roll the ball on the whole foot for ………. secs.
Roll the ball on each of the 3 sections of your foot for ……….. secs.
1 2 3 times daily