The feet are one of the most important factors in good sports performance.
There are a lot of causes leading to sports injuries. The common ones are caused by poor training methods; unsafe exercising environments and accidents.
The most common sports injuries:
- Sprains and Strains
- Knee Injuries
- Swollen Muscles
- Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Pain along the shin bone
These tips can help you avoid sports injuries:
- Don’t twist your knees when you stretch. Keep your feet as flat as you can.
- When jumping, land with your knees bent.
- Do warmup exercises before you play any sport.
- Always stretch before you play or exercise.
- Don’t overdo it.
- Cool down after hard sports or workouts.
- Wear shoes that fit properly, are stable, and absorb shock.
- Run on flat surfaces.
Call a doctor when:
- The injury causes severe pain, swelling, or numbness
- You can’t put any weight on the area
- An old injury hurts or aches
- An old injury swells
- The joint doesn’t feel normal or feels unstable.